Is your lingerie drawer needing a make over? Here are 5 ways to recycle your bra so you can make space for some new organic underwear without guilt!
1) Against Breast Cancer: Against Breast Cancer gets money for your unwanted or unloved bras that is used for research to improve detection and survival from breast cancer. They work in partnership with BCR Global Textile who help small businesses in Africa, through their textile project they are preventing valuable textiles going to landfill giving them a new lease of life in developing countries across Africa where bra’s remain too expensive to produce.
2) Oxfam Big Bra Hunt: Oxfam recycled your unwanted bra sending them to Senegal where they are sold by Oxfam’s local social enterprise Frip Ethique making a real difference in the fight against poverty.
3) Breast Cancer Campaign: with a similar partnership with BCR Global Textiles, this charity supports research projects across the UK and Ireland in the fight against breast cancer.
4) Braid: Braid main current project is to help the women in Tanzania from the HIV projects to use the capital from the bra sales to set up their own businesses.
5) Uplift Bras: based in Australia collects new and second hand bras and sends them wherever they are needed. In disadvantaged communities a bra is often unobtainable or unaffordable. Often the bra received through Uplift will be the only bra that woman owns.