This is a great Winter soup from BBC Good Food.
Perfect to warm up. Real comfort food.
Serve with crusty bread.
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions , finely chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes , chopped
- 2 carrots , chopped
- 2 parsnips , chopped
- 1 red chilli , roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 75g dried green lentils
- 1.3l vegetable stock
- 425ml milk
- 100g Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onions and fry for 5 mins until softened. Tip in the remaining veg and cook for another 5 mins, adding the chilli and cumin for final 2 mins.
- Add the lentils and stock to the pan. Bring to the boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 mins until veg are tender and lentils are soft. Blitz until smooth with the milk and a little extra water or stock, if necessary. Season, then reheat until piping hot.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped coriander.