If you want to find new ways with lasagna this is a great twist from Vegetarian Times.
Kids and non-vegetarian will love it too! Serve with a green salad.
- 6 8-inch corn tortillas
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 480ml strained tomatoes
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium courgettes diced
- Corn kernels from 2 fresh corn ears
- 180g grated cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in chili powder and garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Add 3/4 of the can of strained tomatoes, beans, corn, and 125ml of water, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cover, and cook 10 minutes, or until courgette is tender.
3. Coat 2-inch-deep x 8-inch round baking dish with oil. Spread 1/4 strained tomatoes in bottom of pan. Set 1 toasted tortilla in pan; top with 1/4 bean mixture and 1/4 cheese. Repeat layering 4 more times. Top with last tortilla, and spread remaining strained tomatoes over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 30 to 45 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and cheese has melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 8 wedges.