Very easy and super quick to make.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olie oil
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 150g dried apricots, chopped
- half a lemon, finely grated rind of
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1½ litres vegetable stock
- 400g can chickpeas
- 200g fresh spinach, shredded
- 150ml natural yoghurt
- Heat the oil, then cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, without browning. Add the garlic and spices then cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato puree, cook for 3 minutes. Then add the apricots, lemon rind and juice, stock and chickpeas. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the chickpeas are tender.
- Blend until smooth, return to the pan then stir in the spinach. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until the spinach has wilted.
- Season to taste, then serve garnished with a swirl of natural yoghurt.