This recipe comes via the Droolfactor and is adapted from Ottolenghi, The Cookbook.
What can I say… the picture speaks for itself. Enjoy!
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 10 asparagus spears
- 1 large courgettes
- 150g halloumi, sliced about 2cm thick
- course sea salt and black pepper
- olive oil
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 25 basil leaves
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 170C/Gas Mark 3. Mix the tomatoes with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Spread them out on baking tray lined with baking parchment, skin side down. Roast in oven for about 30 minutes or until semi-dried. Remove from oven, leave to cool.
2. Trim asparagus, blanch in boiling water for about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Slice courgettes thinly lengthwise, toss both veggies in olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat griddle pan on high heat, grill the vegetables and get nice char marks on all sides. Remove, leave to cool.
3. Grill halloumi cheese on griddle pan for about a minute on each side.
4. Make the basil dressing but blitzing all the ingredients together. Any extra dressing can be kept in the fridge for other salads. (I used the while lot!)
5. Assemble the vegetables in layers, drizzle with as much basil oil as you like.